The anti crapitalist

Madness is decending upon me....

Friday, May 12, 2006

The cock-market

Been up since yesterday following the world markets; not that I'm interested (or have any money) but its a thing I do from time to time when interesting things start to happen. I like the psycology of markets. Particularly when fear creeps in.

Today it was great watching all those US brokers on CNN shitting their pants because the Dow and the Dollar have gone into free fall, when no ordinary people anywhere else in the world actually give a fuck whether stocks have fallen or whether the Dollar is falling, rising, or (as with the last 48 hours) plummeting. They say things like "This is terrible news for investors" or "This is bad news for ordinary peoples' pensions" as if anyone is actually sat home is sat crapping their pants that their lives will be dramatically affected by all of this bullshit.
Its as if they have to get us to buy into their paranoia so that we experience the fear that they have that their whole lives will be torn apart by events which are largely outside of their control.
Their basic fear is "Will I have to hand the Bentley back" or "Will the kids have to come out of private school" or "Will we have to move out of the stockbroker belt?" Those are their fears. Not "Can I eat tomorrow" or "Where can I get clean water" or even "Will my kids die of AIDS before I do". Real fears that affect ordinary people in countries across the world. Countries that have been either plundered or ignored in the global quest for extreme personal wealth.
These people are scum. Executive pond-life skating on the stinking crust of a global sewer. Don't give them air-time.
I love America, and yet at the same time these people expose its double standards [a sweeping generalisation I know] and watching such pond-life TV brings it home to you how detatched this "executive" world is from everyone elses.
Lack of money and status appears to be the only social impediment to life across the Atlantic. Not lack of morals,lack of decency, or lack of compassion. Forget ethics. These people are about money and status first and foremost, and the biggest shame to them is ending up with neither. They would rather die than be poor.
They would sell their soul to drive a bigger SUV than anyone else, or to have that latest Porsche. They would stab anyone and everyone to get that one rung on the ladder higher than they are already.
So when I see the price of gold rising, the Dollar falling, and cash rich economies like China and Asia putting pressure on a US market mired with debt run up by one of the most inept world leaders ever to take executive office, I can't help looking at some of these smug, hyper-active, MBA educated, twats and thinking "Well fuck you. There's a window over there. Fucking well use it".

5 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Camie Vog said...

I refuse to die because I am poor. Instead, I live on anger. And, I only stab people for food.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent rant by my blog hero.

Cant wait for something appalling to happen to the rich. I will be there with my ski-mask and machete (none of which I own, I will have to buy with a credit card).

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

Let's all give em a push

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger The Anti Crapitalist said...

When the time comes Ranting Dullard. You'll get your mask and mashette in the post. Don't worry. I have stocks (!)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Cynnie said...

give me a heads up when the revolution starts..i dont watch a lot of tv...i might miss it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home