The anti crapitalist

Madness is decending upon me....

Friday, August 17, 2007

Rip off Britain

Just returned from my first family holiday in a long time in "rip off Britain" and will be making some angst filled posts soon at everything that pissed me off (go abroad; nobody can even afford to go to the beach anymore in this country). However, came back to the "Dinners" saga and I'm glad that things are getting back to normal. No doubt scary at the time in the usual "It don't bother me" Dinners way.

Glad your getting through it Dinners. Just had to deal with my Dad's heart issues (value and one side bypass) and I can honestly say that the NHS is a fantastic, undervalued, service full of some of the most dedicated and professional people you would ever want to meet. You forget what we take for granted in this country. I accept its a postcode lottery sometimes, but I honestly cannot thank the NHS staff enough for what they did for my old fella ... anyway I hope Dinners feels the same.

2 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger Cynnie said...

I keep playing around with moving to the uk..

it sounds like the place to be while I'm growing into an old woman..

i've missed you mister man ..

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

I do. Admittedly most of the nurses were Phillipino but I couldn't give a toss if they were martian. Bloody amazing girls they were. Bit iffy on taking blood mind. Me bruises will be there for a couple of months but what the hell?

NHS is great apart from Trust managers and all the sad little gits who think it's a business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home