The anti crapitalist

Madness is decending upon me....

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Disinfected youth

I don't usually follow the US media too much but the UK reporting of the Cindy Sheehan story really got to me today.

www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2090192,00.html

I can't believe how one mother who lost her son in a fake war can be so used and abused by the far right milita that control the USA. One quote hit me hard:

"Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months."

Ain't that the quote of the year?

The realisation that you have sacrificed someone you love so that the ignorant can go about their empty lives untouched - so that they can max out their credit cards on Chinese made shite, maintain their unfulfilled lives fuelled by cheap gasoline, and be spoon fed more drivel by a government that's both morally and fiscally bankrupt.

She knows the flipside of the American dream and she has my respect for seeing and saying things that others simply cannot see.

There are values in this life that are simply not worth defending. There is not one drop of blood that is worth less than a Big Mac, or cheap gas, or satelite TV, and yet in essence the perpetuation of this bankrupt, valueless, throw away society is all that they are fighting for.

I've never felt more negative than I feel today.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger FOUR DINNERS said...

We think it you know how to say it. Thankyou.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Cynnie said...

And Cindy Sheehan is pissed at the dems too ..
seems her simple stand against the war turned into a money machine..
She's rightfully sickened by the whole mess.
Poor woman

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Camie Vog said...

Very well put.

I rarely hear about Cindy Sheehan in the press anymore. When she is mentioned, the media seems to put a spin on her, implying that she is a nutter. Even her own family has turned against her fight.

I was filling out BabyBeanieVog's baby book yesterday. There is a line asking who the president is when the girl was born. I wrote "the worst president in US history, G.W. Bush"

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger * (asterisk) said...

It really is very depressing. I like my fair share of shit. But you have to keep it in context, people...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home